Materials testing and inspection on construction sites throughout Wisconsin. Laboratory testing of construction materials.The Staff Engineer (civil & geo-technical) will perform a wide range of tasks and fill an extensive roll/service for the construction materials, geotechnical design & testing, field engineering services and geotechnical laboratories both performing testing tasks and/or supervising others. Will manage and document work performed for assigned projects, review technical data, maintain client communications, and project deliverables, approve job invoices and job costing.
Specifically, the Staff Engineer (civil & geotechnical) is responsible for the following:
- Set up project files and records, set up project budget and work plan.
- Review technical procedures with Technical Director and Operation Manger.
- Conducting field and/or laboratory tests and inspections with applicable codes and standards for buildings and facilities and bridge and highway construction projects.
- Prepare daily work orders and dispatch requests and provide daily direction to technicians and/or laboratory staffs who are assigned to the project.
- Performing special inspections, non-destructive testing, on-site observations and monitoring, construction quality control plans and quality assurance programs, pre and post construction surveys and field and laboratory testing and analysis for all aspects of public, commercial and industrial sector construction.
- Designing and reviewing of concrete, grout and asphaltic concrete mixes.
- Assisting State Department of Transportation staff in the definition of construction projects and administration of those projects including schedule, cost, contractor management, construction management, and conflict resolution and payment approval.
- Performing engineering consulting, investigations and evaluation of construction related materials with a particular focus on structural special inspections (such as concrete, masonry, steel, fireproofing, framing, and anchors)
- Review and approve data reports and submit test reports to client. Maintain close client and project team communications. Prepare invoices monthly. At completion of project, review reporting and perform project close-out.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or similar program.
- 0 to 5 years experience in construction materials engineering and testing and construction inspection.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiar with ACI, ICC, NICET and HTCP certifications.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, vision.
- Senior Engineer / Technical Director
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org