- Co-op positions for summer or fall semesters
- Summer only and Limited Term positions, full and part-time
- Full-time Permanent and Full-time Seasonal
Materials testing and inspection on construction sites throughout Wisconsin. Laboratory testing of construction materials.
TYPES OF ACTIVITIES:
- Observation and documentation of construction activities
- Compaction tests on engineered fill
- Aggregate sampling and testing
- Concrete testing (slump, air, cylinders)
- Soil sample collection and preparation
- Valid WI driver’s license
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to obtain certification through the WisDOT Highway Technician Certification Program.
- Willingness to work overtime and occasionally out of town. The firm will reimburse for mileage and lodging on out-of-town work.
- Highway Construction: Inspection of construction activities and materials testing on Wisconsin DOT projects.
- Sanitary Landfills: Tests on clay liner for compaction and suitability; tests on granular blanket; miscellaneous construction documentation.
- Building Construction: Tests on footing subgrade, compacted fill, concrete, and parking lots.
- Laboratory Testing: Geotechnical and materials testing.
DESIRED ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
Civil Engineering technicians with interest and course work in transportation, geotechnical, materials, construction, or surveying areas. Engineering Geologists, Landscape Architects, or related fields. Candidates who would be available for at least two summers, or those with related work experience or training will be given preference.